Redskins OL Kory Lichtensteiger announces retirement at 31
- Cowboys' Elliott sits after minor crash
- Browns DE Garrett has undisclosed injury
- Bridgewater progressing, status unclear
- Bills sign ex-49ers starting LB Hodges
- 4 teams add Europeans to practice squads
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) Washington Redskins offensive lineman Kory Lichtensteiger is retiring at age 31 after eight seasons in the NFL.
Lichtensteiger announced the news via the Redskins on Friday.
He made a total of 75 starts at left guard or center for the Redskins after joining them as a free agent in 2010. He was drafted in the fourth round out of Bowling Green by the Denver Broncos in 2008.
Lichtensteiger dealt with injuries the past two seasons, totaling only eight starts.
For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated February 10, 2017