Redskins sign Bob Marley's grandson after minicamp tryout
- Trump tweets Goodell has 'lost control'
- Concussed Falcons RB Freeman out Sunday
- Dolphins' Cutler ruled out vs. Patriots
- Jones backs off Goodell, backs Garrett
- Saints without top 2 CBs vs. Falcons
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) The Washington Redskins have signed Nico Marley, grandson of legendary Jamaican musician Bob Marley.
The 5-foot-8 linebacker out of Tulane was at the Redskins' rookie minicamp over the weekend on a tryout. They added him to the roster Tuesday.
Marley was a four-year starter in college, becoming Tulane's all-time leader in tackles for loss with 50+. He had 319 tackles, 6+ sacks and four interceptions in 49 games.
Nico's father, Rohan, played at Miami alongside Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis in the early 1990s and led the team in tackles in 1993 before playing in the Canadian Football League.
For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated May 16, 2017