Redskins sign Bob Marley's grandson after minicamp tryout
- Broncos again have NFL's top QB battle
- Romo in CBS booth with Nantz at Colonial
- Vikings' Zimmer: I'll coach with 1 eye
- Lions, RB Asiata agree to 1-year deal
- Bears sign WR Cruz to 1-year contract
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) The Washington Redskins have signed Nico Marley, grandson of legendary Jamaican musician Bob Marley.
The 5-foot-8 linebacker out of Tulane was at the Redskins' rookie minicamp over the weekend on a tryout. They added him to the roster Tuesday.
Marley was a four-year starter in college, becoming Tulane's all-time leader in tackles for loss with 50+. He had 319 tackles, 6+ sacks and four interceptions in 49 games.
Nico's father, Rohan, played at Miami alongside Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis in the early 1990s and led the team in tackles in 1993 before playing in the Canadian Football League.
For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated May 16, 2017