Cubs' Lester allows 9 runs before exiting in 2nd vs. Reds
- Stanton hits 56th HR, Marlins sweep Mets
- Judge hits No. 45 as Yanks sweep Twins
- Girl hit by Yanks' foul ball in hospital
- Rockies fall again, WC lead in jeopardy
- Estrada stays with Jays for 1 year, $13M
CHICAGO (AP) Chicago Cubs starter Jon Lester left Thursday's game against Cincinnati in the second inning with left lat tightness after allowing nine runs by the Reds.
Lester was replaced by Mike Montgomery after facing 11 batters in the inning and Cincinnati leading 8-0 with two outs. He exited after giving up a double to Eugenio Suarez and was charged with seven earned runs.
It was Cincinnati's most productive inning since scoring 10 runs in August 2015 versus Detroit.
Lester gave up 10 runs in two-thirds of an inning at a start versus Pittsburgh on July 9.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated August 17, 2017