Cubs' Lester allows 9 runs before exiting in 2nd vs. Reds
- Tebow preparing for Year 2 in minors
- Braves lose 13 players, ex-GM banned
- Ausmus joins Angels as special assistant
- Phillies add Guerrero as assistant
- Morgan asks Hall voters to ban PED users
CHICAGO (AP) Chicago Cubs starter Jon Lester left Thursday's game against Cincinnati in the second inning with left lat tightness after allowing nine runs by the Reds.
Lester was replaced by Mike Montgomery after facing 11 batters in the inning and Cincinnati leading 8-0 with two outs. He exited after giving up a double to Eugenio Suarez and was charged with seven earned runs.
It was Cincinnati's most productive inning since scoring 10 runs in August 2015 versus Detroit.
Lester gave up 10 runs in two-thirds of an inning at a start versus Pittsburgh on July 9.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated August 17, 2017