Orioles get minor league infielder Vielma from Giants
- 1B Hosmer, Padres agree to 8-year deal
- Red Sox re-sign INF Nunez to 1-year deal
- Mets GM thinks Tebow will play in majors
- Angels sign veterans 1B Carter, OF Young
- Grieving Francona rejoins Tribe in camp
BALTIMORE (AP) The Orioles have acquired minor league infielder Engelb Vielma from the San Francisco Giants for a player to be named or cash.
The 23-year-old Vielma reached Triple-A for the first time last season. Since breaking into professional baseball as a member of the Twins' organization in 2012, Vielma has played second base, shortstop and third base.
A native of Venezuela, Vielma has a career batting average of .256 with two home runs and 149 RBIs.
Baltimore announced the deal Friday.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated January 26, 2018